Representative projects we have undertaken in the PRC include:
· • the 1.7 Mtpa residue hydrotreating unit of Sinopec Corp.’s Changling branch. It is currently one of the six residue hydrotreating plants in the PRC. The project’s process pipeline welding was awarded first prize in the National Outstanding Welding Works Award;
· • the 1 Mtpa ethylene unit in Tianjin. We applied leading construction technologies of pipeline prefabrication and completed thick wall pipeline automatic welding for this project. We were awarded first prize in the National Outstanding Welding Works Award and developed the construction method accredited by the national authorities;
·• the Guangdong LNG Receiving Station. We completed the first LNG cryogenic tank with a storage capacity of 160,000 cubic meters in the PRC, for which we developed the construction method accredited by the national authorities and was awarded the first prize in the National Outstanding Welding Works Award;
· • the 220 Ktpa PTA unit in Tianjin. The project utilized advanced international management methods and stringent process controls. It won the National Luban Award;
· • the acetic acid core unit of a joint venture project in Sichuan. This project won the National Luban Award;
· • the 460 Ktpa PTA unit expansion project of Yangzi Petrochemical Company Limited, which won the silver prize in the National Premium Project Award;
· • the large equipment lifting and assembly integration works for the Qingdao Oil Refinery Project, which was awarded the National Outstanding Lifting Work Award ;
· • the crude oil tank for the Huangdao State Petroleum Reserve Project and the Nanjiang Crude Oil Tank Yard auxiliary to the Tianjin Refining and Ethylene Complex, which won first prize in the National Outstanding Welding Works Award;
·• the pipeline welding works for the Lanzhou Petrochemical Acrylic Acid and Ester Project, and the welding works for Huaneng Tianjin IGCC’s air separation unit, cold box and aluminum magnesium alloy, which won the National Outstanding Welding Work Award.
Our representative equipment manufacturing projects in the PRC and overseas markets include the following:
· • We manufactured large-scale coking towers for Sinopec Corp.’s Beihai branch’s delayed coking unit with a processing capacity of 1.2 Mtpa, Sinopec Qingdao Oil Refinery and Petrochemical Complex delayed coking unit with a processing capacity of 2.5 Mtpa and CNOOC’s delayed coking unit in Huizhou with a processing capacity of 4.2 Mtpa. We also manufactured acrylonitrile reactors for Sinopec Corp.’s Anqing branch’s, CNPC Jihua Group Co., Ltd.’s and other oil refining and chemical enterprises’ acrylonitrile projects.
· • We manufactured the delayed coking tower for the oil refining and petrochemical expansion project of Essar Projects India Ltd. The tower is 9.6m in diameter, 41.2m in length, weighs over 400 tons and was the largest coking tower manufactured in the PRC at the time it was completed.
· • We manufactured the polyethylene reactor for the 450 Ktpa polyethylene unit of Zhenhai Oil Refinery and Petrochemical Complex. The reactor is 8.7m in diameter, 100mm in maximum wall thickness, 42m in length, weighs over 490 tons and had the world’s largest production capacity at the time of commissioning.
· • We manufactured 2.25Cr-1Mo steel hydrocracking reactors, heat high pressure separators and other high-pressure heavy-wall equipment in hydrogen service for oil refining and petrochemical enterprises including Sinopec Corp.’s Jiujiang branch, Changling branch, Jingmen branch, Guangzhou branch, Zhenhai Oil Refinery and Petrochemical Complex and Shanghai Petrochemical as well as CNOOC’s Zhoushan Petrochemical Plant.
· • We manufactured desulfurization reactors and towers using catalytic flue gas desulfurization and catalytic gasoline absorption desulfurization (S ZorbTM) technologies for environmental protection projects of Sinopec Corp. at its branches in Shanghai, Gaoqiao, Yangzi, Anqing, Shijiazhuang and Beihai.
· • We are currently manufacturing a Xylene tower for Hainan Oil Refinery and Petrochemical p-Xylene Complex. The Xylene tower is a large scale refining and petrochemical pressure vessel weighing 3,960 tons.
We are suppliers to multinational energy and chemical companies including Exxon Mobil Corporation, SABIC, Shell, BP and BASF, as well as international engineering companies including Foster Wheeler AG, Fluor Corporation, Saipem and CB&I. Our equipment has been exported to countries including Saudi Arabia, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Thailand, Australia and Portugal.
The EPC Contracting projects
We are capable of providing a full range of services throughout the entire course of engineering and construction projects, ranging from providing process design packages to commissioning and start-up, for large and complex projects including 10 Mtpa capacity oil refineries and 1 Mtpa capacity ethylene plants. For instance, we provided EPC services for the Hainan 8 Mtpa Oil Refining Complex, which is the first 10 Mtpa capacity oil refining new construction project adopting the EPC model in the PRC since the 1990s. In addition, we undertook the Qingdao 10 Mtpa Oil Refining Complex as an EPC contractor, which was then the largest single-train oil refinery in the PRC and was the first single-train oil refining complex with a processing capacity of 10 Mtpa in the PRC. The 0.8 Mtpa ethylene plant we undertook in Wuhan is the first ethylene plant in the PRC built mainly with domestic equipment and our technologies, including all key equipment and critical technologies. As the EPC contractor for the 1 Mtpa capacity ethylene complexes in Tianjin and Zhenhai, we also constructed large-scale production units for ethyl benzene, isopropyl benzene and phenol-acetone.
We are also able to undertake oil refining and petrochemical integrated engineering projects, such as the Fujian Refining and Ethylene Complex, which includes a 12 Mtpa oil refinery, a 0.8 Mtpa ethylene plant and a 0.7 Mtpa p-Xylene plant. We also provided EPC services for the Tianjin Refining and Ethylene Complex. In addition, we possess a number of advanced technologies in direct coal liquefaction, indirect coal liquefaction and coal gasification, which brings us first-mover advantages in the field of new coal chemical engineering in the PRC. As an EPC contractor, in 2008 we commenced engineering and constructing a direct coal liquefaction plant for Shenhua Group with production capacity of 1.08 Mtpa for oil products, which was the first commercial facility in the world to produce oil products by way of direct coal liquefaction and is the largest coal liquefaction project in the PRC to date. We also provided EPC services to Zhongyuan Petrochemical 200 Ktpa SMTO Project, one of the two MTO Projects in the PRC that is currently in operation, as well as the first IGCC plant in the PRC.